Tuesday, August 12

My 30th Birthday

I really don't feel 30 so it's hard to believe that it's true but it was an awesome day!!! Jumpin' J and his dad went out in the morning to play together and let me sleep in. They went to a good breakfast place to bring back breakfast and they visited one of our local farmstands and brought me back a dozen giant sunflowers that are gorgeous!!!

IMG_0982

We all hung out and then had homemade chicken pot pie and corn on the cob from the farmstand for lunch. J ate about 1/2 of the chicken pot pie all by himself, he was seriously diggin' it! Then at about 4 Grandma Laurie showed up to surprise me. J's dad had asked her to come to stay with J so that he and I could go out! And go out we did!!!!!

First he dropped me off at the door of the Chestnut Hill Mall and handed me a wad of cash ($10 for each yr) and told me I had 1 hour to spend it all in Ann Taylor Loft. It was sooooo much fun. I don't usually by myself a lot of stuff and especially full price stuff but I managed to spend all the money he gave me and then some (thanks Aunt Sandi!!). He helped too and found a super cute dress for me to wear to my cousin's wedding next month.

After the shopping spree J's dad and I went to Oishii to eat sushi. This teeny tiny restaurant has some of the best sushi I've ever eaten here in the US. We had to wait a while since they only have about 15 seats in the whole place but fortunately it wasn't too bad since it was a Tuesday. The Jeffrey roll was my favorite!

And finally we met up with Laura, BK, Andrew, and Kim at Finale for dessert! It was great to see them all and celebrate my 30th with them. All in all it was a fabulous day and I couldn't have asked for anything more!!!!!! Thanks Jumpin' J and Daddy!!!

No comments: