Thursday, April 10

Traveling with Jumpin' J

In honor of being allowed to post on TravelSpark here's a travel related blog...

Jumpin' J has already been to a bunch of states despite being not quite 11 months old. Some of that is of course because we live in New England and drive all over to see relatives and some is the trip J and I took to visit more far flung relatives while J's dad was on a business trip to Japan and S. Korea. He's been to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Texas, and Arizona.

The trip we took back in the fall was to Houston and Phoenix and it was really awesome. He did a really good job and got complimented by many of his fellow travelers. Looking back I am very glad that we attempted that first trip when he was so little. I know that it meant a lot to me for J to meet my further removed relatives but I honestly can't imagine doing that trip with how wiggly and active he is now.

That being said J's dad and I are contemplating a couple of trips right now. One of J's dad's friends (who is also his ex-boss) is getting married in India over the winter and crazy people that we are we are actually contemplating going. India is one of the places I have always wanted to see.... So insane as it might sound India might be the first foreign country that J visits. Well I guess he's been to China already depending on how you look at it ;)

And J's dad and I have been thinking we want to plan a reunion of his dad's family next summer sometime. It'll have been 5 years since we saw most of them at our wedding and none of them have gotten to meet Jumpin' J because they are scattered all over the country. I have been doing research and Erie Pennsylvania is as close as we can get to the center of Boston, Chicago, and Washington, DC. So we'll have to see how that all pans out. We're going to send out a letter to all his relatives soon.

Other trips we want to go on are to Italy and Norway to trace our families as well as a safari in Africa..... I guess once the travel bug catches you it is an incurable disease!!!!

No comments: